홈 > 커뮤니티 > 그냥암꺼나
그냥암꺼나
- 예의를 지켜주세요 / 여행관련 질문은 묻고답하기에 / 연애·태국인출입국관련 글 금지

- 국내외 정치사회(이슈,문제)등과 관련된 글은 정치/사회 게시판에 

그냥암꺼나2

한국 법무부가 내게 보낸 황당한 메일

sarnia 0 55

====================

내가 아는 한 공무원들은 자기 업무에 꼼꼼하고 지나칠 정도로 빈틈이 없다. 

그 공무원들이 속해 일하는 정부조직도 마찬가지고, 당연히 그래야 한다.

예를들어 캐나다에 2 년 짜리 워크비자를 받고 온 외노자가 있다고 치자. 

1 년 후 그 외노자가 영주권을 받게 되었다. 

영주권을 받고 멀쩡히 살고 있는데, 다시 1 년 쯤 후 IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship of Canada)로부터 “전에 당신이 받은 워크비자 만료기간이 다가왔으니 갱신신청을 하든가 캐나다를 떠나라”는 편지를 받았다면 기분이 어떨까? 

물론 그런 황당한 일은 일어나지도 않고, 일어날 수도 없으며, 일어난 적이 있다는 이야기를 들어본 적도 없다. 

어제 내가 대한민국 법무부 출입국-외국인정책본부로부터 그런 류의 황당한 메일을 받았다.   

2 년 전 내가 받은 K-ETA 유효기간 만료일이 다가오고 있으니 새로 갱신하라는 내용의 메일이었다. 

신청비는 10,000 원이라는 안내와 함께. 

K-ETA 란 비자면제 협정국 국적을 가진 외국인이 한국에 입국하기 전에 신청해야 하는 전자여행허가를 말한다. 

결론부터 말하자면, 나는 K-ETA를 받아야 할 의무가 없다. 

외국국적동포국내거소신고증, 줄임말로 거소증을 가지고 있기 때문이다. 

거소증 발급기관은 K-ETA를 발급하는 기관과 같은 법무부 출입국-외국인정책본부다. 

게다가 ‘한국방문의 해’인 올해 말까지는 22 개국 국민들에게 K-ETA 가 면제된다. 

거소증이 있든 없든 22 개국 여권소지자들은 한국여행 시 K-ETA를 발급받을 필요가 없다.

K-ETA를 발급받아야 할 의무가 없는 사람들에게 왜 갱신 안내서를 보내나? 

법무부가 왜 이런 식으로 업무를 허술하게 해 사람들을 헷갈리게 하나?

외교부 다음으로 엘리트 부서라는 법무부가 이렇다면, 혹시 요즘 병무청에서 군필자들에게 다시 입영통지서를 발부하는 일은 없는지 궁금해졌다.      

As far as I know, government officials are meticulous and excessively thorough in their work. The national organizations they belong to are the same, as they should be.

For example, imagine a foreign worker who came to Canada on a two-year work visa. After one year, this foreign worker obtains permanent residency. They are living their life as a permanent resident, but a year later, they receive a letter from IRCC (Immigration, Refugees, Citizenship of Canada) stating, “Your work visa is about to expire, so either apply for renewal or leave Canada.” How would they feel? Of course, such an absurd situation does not happen, cannot happen, and I have never heard of it happening.

Yesterday, I received such an absurd email from the Immigration and Foreign Policy Headquarters of the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Korea. The email stated that the expiration date of my K-ETA, which I received two years ago, is approaching and that I need to renew it. The email included guidance that the application fee is 10,000 won. K-ETA is an electronic travel authorization that foreign nationals from visa-exempt countries must apply for before entering Korea.

To get to the point, I am not obligated to apply for K-ETA. This is because I have an Alien Registration Card for Overseas Koreans, commonly known as a residence card. The issuing authority for the residence card is the same Immigration and Foreign Policy Headquarters of the Ministry of Justice that issues K-ETA.

Moreover, until the end of this year, which is the 'Visit Korea Year', citizens of 22 countries are exempt from K-ETA. Regardless of whether they have a residence card, passport holders from these 22 countries do not need to obtain a K-ETA when traveling to Korea.

Why is the Ministry of Justice sending renewal notices to people who are not obligated to obtain a K-ETA? Why is the Ministry of Justice handling its work so poorly and confusing people?

With the Ministry of Justice being considered an elite department, second only to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, I started to wonder if the Korean Military Manpower Administration is also making similar mistakes, such as reissuing draft notices to those who have already completed their military service.

0 Comments
제목